Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Keyshawn Johnson Retires

I met Keyshawn once at USC. He was the guest in one of my classes. This was shortly after he landed with Tampa Bay. He signed my issue of SI w/ him in Bucs costume (not a uniform). I have no idea where it is. I liked Keyshawn but never really saw the full benefits of potential his hype was built on. Today he retired saying that he wanted to go out on top. So I guess I never will but the last few years, I didn't think I was going to.

I'd like to see what offers he got because I'm not sure I believe that he got multiple multi-year offers. I bet he would say that he doesn't have to show me or anyone.

He made his millions and I think he does have a successful restuarant in L.A., so I guess he's had a successful career.

Don't get me wrong, I like Keyshawn. I just hold my fellow Trojans to a higher standard. Ultimiately, he got booted by Dwyane Jarrett, another Trojan and Keyshawn is a very funny guy and will have a successful career behind the camera.

No comments:

 
Digg!