Monday, March 5, 2007

Where Art Thou Starbucks? How About Some...?

Maybe it’s because there’s a Starbucks on every corner outside my office building, I don’t find this useful. Within a one to two block radius, I can count about SEVEN Starbucks. If I want to count coffee shops, it’s closer to ten. If I want to include places where I can get hot coffee, it’s maybe 13. The Seattle Times reported last week (or in today’s San Jose Mercury) that those craving coffee can text a zip code to MYSBUX and be sent a text message with the closest locations, I had two thoughts. One is to try it to see how many locations I get sent back and two is that this is the most useless thing ever. Okay, I couldn’t resist but I’m not wasting 10 cents on a text message. Instead I went to Starbucks.com and found that there are 59 Starbucks within a 2 mile radius.
Now if I’m driving, the last thing I want is the guy next to me text messaging Starbucks while in his car because he hasn’t had his caffeine. But I guess it can't be worse than the girl applying mascara while talking on the phone and yelling at her kid.

But I wouldn’t mind it for some other purposes like, where can I get some Chicken & Waffles…heck in the city, I’ll settle for fried chicken.

No comments:

 
Digg!