Wednesday, January 17, 2007

CRV - California RipOff Value

I listen to the radio on my way into work and lately I've been hearing about the new California Refund Value. I think the old refund is 5 cents for two cans. Now - 5¢ for beverage containers under 24 oz. and 10¢ for containers 24 oz. and greater. So now this would be great if everytime I checked out they didn't charge me for it. But wait, until the end of June, we'll only be charged last years rate. The reason? "The Department of Conservation is authorized to increase CRV paid to consumers for beverage containers recycled to encourage greater public participation in recycling." I have to call bullshit on this one. I think it's more like blackmail? Someone once told me that politicians are legal crooks. I believe it.

No comments:

 
Digg!