Monday, January 29, 2007

Quit Messing with My Time

Today's top rated story in Network World is about daylight savings time being moved up 3 weeks.

Thanks to the "U.S. Energy Policy Act of 2005, Daylight Savings Time has been moved up from the second Sunday in April to the second Sunday in March. Likewise, Daylight Savings Time will be extended a week from the last Sunday in October to the second Sunday in November."

I personally hate Daylight Savings Time. What a waste of time to change it twice a year. Why don't we just leave it alone year round? Whose bright idea was to change it again? Now we have companies scrambling like it's Y2K.

I have enough trouble getting my time zones straight when I'm booking a media tour and I definitely hate waking up in darkness and leaving work in darkness. Makes like a little depressing and leads me to drink...well I guess there is a postive after all.

No comments:

 
Digg!